Family Dentist in Holladay, Utah
Dr. Scott Elder, DDS, is a family dentist in Utah. He and his team of family dental specialists provide general dentistry to people of all ages. Schedule your dentist appointment with our team at 801-278-7100.
We offer the following general services:
- Dental Cleanings and Examinations
- Digital X-Rays
- Emergency Dental Clinic of Salt Lake City
- Night Guards
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Sports Mouth Guards
- TMJ Treatment
- Tooth Extractions
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
The Salt Lake Dental Clinic is a family-oriented office, and Dr. Scott Elder treats patients of all ages. Our warm, inviting atmosphere and friendly staff help our youngest patients feel at ease while receiving oral care. We can conveniently schedule your appointments, so your whole family can be seen on the same visit, making it easier to fit us into your busy life.
Visiting a dentist can be frightening, even for adults. Our staff is trained to help ease the fears of young children who may be visiting our office for the first time. We offer a fun environment and take the time to let our patients adapt as we introduce new procedures.
Our office is dedicated to providing total oral care for your entire family and we want to help you obtain and maintain optimal oral health. We have a network of trusted specialists to team up with if your needs exceed our specialties.
What Is A Family Dentist?
A family dentist is capable of caring for the oral health of your entire family, from infancy through childhood and into your adult and senior years. Dr. Scott Elder is trained to meet the specialized needs of children through the various stages of their growth. Pediatric dental care is unique since children are more prone to cavities and lose their teeth as they grow. In addition, early dental care is crucial and Dr. Elder can provide counseling for issues involving pacifier use and thumb sucking.
Also, our office provides both cosmetic and family dentistry so you can meet the majority of your dental needs through our clinic.
What Services Does Family Dentistry Include?
Our services include standard dental cleanings and fillings to more specialized treatments such as sealants, tooth replacement, crowns and bridges, and fluoride treatments.
Our general family dentistry services are:
- Regular Six Month Cleanings and Exams – We monitor the health of your mouth and your child’s oral hygiene. We also offer children age-appropriate training on better brushing and tooth care.
- Cavity Treatments and Fillings – We identify developing cavities and fill them before they become too advanced.
- Fluoride Treatments and Dental Sealants – Prevention is the best medicine. Fluoride and dental sealants can help prevent cavities and help children who are cavity-prone.
- Gum Disease – As we age, gum diseases become more prevalent. Our office combats gum disease through deep cleanings, gum flap surgery, and will prescribe antibiotics for gingivitis or gum disease.
- Orthodontics and Consultation – We offer Invisalign in office. For our pediatric patients, Dr. Elder can assess the need for orthodontics and let you know when your child is ready.
Why Choose Salt Lake Dental Clinic For Your Family?
Many family dentists don’t offer cosmetic or emergency services. Consider us a one-stop-shop for most of your dental needs. From teeth whitening to root canals, you can count on our clinic to provide you with total oral care. And if your needs exceed our specialty, we can refer you to our trusted specialists and coordinate your care with them.
Schedule A Family Dental Appointment
To schedule a consultation or a first appointment, call us today at (801) 278-7100.